2.10.2011

Look at that big ol' mouse!

When you live in a camper, in front of an old house that is probably going to be burned down by the local fire department, sooner or later things will start to come out from their hiding spots. As I was making dinner baby Jared was sitting at the window and Jared was on the phone and I really don't know what Wylee was doing but baby Jared kept saying "Look at that big ol' mouse walking through our yard! Hey, hey, look at that big ol' thing. Hey mommy, look at that big ol' mouse, what's it doing walking in our yard?" I didn't even turn around. I just kept saying "Yeah, look at that. I don't know what he's doing Jared. Wow." He didn't quit talking about it so I finally stuck dinner in the oven and walked over to the window and asked him where the mouse was. He was squealing at this point and he was point to about ohhhh 5 feet from the camper and there it was. DISGUSTING. Walked it's happy little self right underneath our camper and big Jared took off outside with a knife (I later found out that was just for show). He came back in and told me where that big ol' mouse went.....
EEK!!!! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?! That IS a big ol' mouse!

  Baby Jared just goes on and on about this thing and won't stop talking about how daddy is gonna kill that nasty thing or maybe Caine is gonna go out there and tear that thing up, my favorite was "oh, I bet Fritches (Britches) will go out there and pee on him"....yeaaaahhhhh that thing is bigger than "fritches" the only thing he'll be peeing on is himself if he gets close to him. I can't wait till we get a repeat appearance from our new friend. No wonder the dogs wont leave that house alone. 
  I probably shouldn't have started with the rodent story since that was probably the last fun thing that happened today so this is all out of order but, oh well. The kids' new favorite thing to do is get baby wipes and "clean" the big windows. Ugh, this drives me crazy. Mostly because Jared insists on MASHING the wipe into a tiny ball and squeezing whatever juices he can out of the thing and then smearing it ALL over the window. Wylee does whatever big brother does.

Please excuse the "mobile uploads", I'm trying to track down my camera charger.
  I wouldn't exactly say that I'm in the running for World's Greatest Wife here over the last week. You see when I mentioned that we have no cable or satellite, I failed to mention that that also meant nothing to watch the SUPER BOWL on. Why is this my fault? Because Saturday night Jared asked me to find out if there was a way for him to watch the SB online, so I googled it. Friends, do not believe everything that you read on google. I glanced at a couple of search results and said "Yep, tons of places". Ugh, tons of illegal places that make you download a bunch of stuff or were shut down before the game even started! At 5 Jared asked me to set the game up. Instead I looked up FABRIC while he showered. So at the very last minute I realized, no you in fact cannot watch the Super Bowl for free online. And now I'm his least favorite person in the room, easily. The entire first half was spent trying to figure out how in the world we can watch it. He finally finds a website, gets it up and running just in time for the Half Time show, and then after maybe the first down of the second half the site gets shut down. But hey, at least we got to see Fergie and her AMAZING live voice...seriously, she was terrible. My bad, Jared, myyyy bad.
  Last night Jared left the water in the bathroom dripping so that our lines didn't freeze for the 10th time. And at around 2 am when baby Jared was up screaming about something I may have turned the water off after getting him a refill. I didn't realize what I had done until 3am when Russell needed a bottle and there was no water. I turned the pump on (upside to living in a camper) and after I fed him I went back to bed and honestly almost didn't even tell Jared what I did. But I decided it would be easier for him to fix now than call him to come home from work because the lines were frozen and I used up all the water in the tank :) That was sweet of me. So I woke him up, confessed my sin, and he suited up and went outside to try to defrost the lines. Only took him like 25 minutes! I feel bad, don't worry. Anyways, life goes on and next thing I know its like 5:15 and in comes Jared with Wylee right behind him talking about something being wet...
  Her shirt was wet, I assumed sippy cup. Her pants were wet, I realized DIAPER! So I went to go grab her a diaper and clothes when I see Russell is awake too, so I went to grab him and HE'S WET TOO!!! Both of them leaked through their diapers, in a big way. Little annoyances like this aren't that big of a deal when you live in a house, but when you live in a camper....you end up washing blankies in the kitchen sink because you don't have a washing machine. At least Jared hooked the dryer up in the old blue house. I ran out there with two soaking wet blankies at like 6 in the morning, pitch black, no lights in the house. So I guessed the setting on the dryer, started her up and ran back into home sweet camper. Went back out about an hour later when the sun was up and they were FROZEN to the inside of the dryer. Apparently the dryer was spinning, but not heating. So I spent the rest of the day drying them on space heaters in the living room. Why? Because we freakin live in a camper......

To be continued <3

  And just because he's so cute....here's a picture of sweet Russell from this morning.



6 comments:

  1. I can just hear Jared saying...look at that big ole mouse! Bless your heart girl. Surely there will be some kind of award you will get after all this is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha!!! This is funny stuff!
    These are amazing memories you are making with your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh child....that is a possum! and...if it is out during the day time it probably has RABIES!!! Seriously...bring my grandkids HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least stinkyrat didn't follow you to the dryer--that would have been WAY worse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever see Princess Bride? I think that thing qualifies as a R.O.U.S. (rodent of unusual size). It's taken me forever to have a chance to read this-but you are super funny. Thanks for the laughs! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete