2.25.2011

Russian Roulette with the TOILET

 Let me start by sharing this little tidbit of info from an RV website: "Black water, as you might have guessed, comes from the toilet after it is flushed." Go ahead and click the link if you would like to learn more about the black water, or its holding tank.

 Okay good, now you know what black water is. So I will go ahead and assume that you can guess what the "black water holding tank" is. Vital information to this story. Tanks fill up, and then they get dumped. Luckily the guy that does the port-a-potties at the job site said he would come empty our black water tank for us when we need it. That is AWESOME news because if he didn't do it, then we Jared would be the one doing it!

 Last Friday the guy came for the first time to dump (no pun intended, har har) our tank. We have a little indicator box in the "kitchen" that tells us the levels of all of our tanks, fresh, grey, and black. Black got to full so black got dumped. I heard it happening. Thank goodness I didn't SMELL it happening (this was a huge concern of mine). It was a quick process, he got in he got out he was done and gone in 5 minutes. Hardly seemed like enough time but I'll take his word for it. So just to be doubly sure, I checked the little indicator box. STILL FULL. What? Impossible....

 I told Jared that the lights were still all lit when I left to go home so when he got home he checked and it now said 2/3 full. Huh? So he called me and told me and I said "okay, fine, but it DID say full when I left". Got back to Paris and I checked the indicator to see for myself. FULL. So I tell Jared, he gets around to checking it and tells me "2/3 full". WHAT?! I'm not making this up, all the lights are lighting up when I press it, but not when Jared does. So anyways, Jared calls the poo guy Monday morning and they say they will come that afternoon to check things out. Keep in mind this is the ONLY place to go to the bathroom unless I go squat outside. The nearest gas station is a few miles down the road, oh yeah and I have 3 small CHILDREN. So waiting for this guy to come check it out is TORTURE. I am terrified to go to the bathroom because, pardon me, but when the lights say that the black tank is full....I'm gonna BELIEVE THE LIGHTS! I get through it, life goes on, the guy comes out pumps it again but says its fine. I check the lights. Full....no wait 2/3 full now. Well at least I have 1/3 to gamble with.
  We go through the owners manual and this is its reason for our indicator light malfunction "something is stuck on the sensor". Okay....so whats the solution? THERE ISN'T ONE. They suggest we flush with more water. Jared suggests I start rationing myself to one square of toilet paper per session. So now its a terrifying game of toilet roulette every time I use the bathroom. What is going to happen if this tank is, in fact, FULL? Because in MY head I see a geyser of you-know-what shooting up out of the toilet hole when I go to flush. I get anxiety over this. I am CONSTANTLY checking the indicator lights to see if they have straightened themselves out yet. Full, no wait 2/3, no wait full. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I am afraid to use the camper toilet, but there are no other options for me, none that are sanitary anyways. I flush with probably a GALLON of water every time, praying that it'll do the trick. I ask that when your knees hit the floor tonight you include this problem in your prayers....I'd do it for you.
  Oh yeah, and here are pictures of the camper :)
I can't rotate this, so tilt your head sideways :) This is what I call the Living Room

The Master Suite

The Kitchen

The view from right in front of the "bunk house"
 And now blogger won't let me upload more pictures so I'm going to punch the computer and go to bed.
 Oh wait, the laundry mat.....UGH. It wasn't so bad until I killed the baby roach that ran across the floor and then the little gem of a woman that lit up her cigarette RIGHT by the dryers! This woman had pig tail braids, half her teeth (literally, each tooth was only half there) and was PARANOID. Jared was playing with my phone, running around like a crazy person and this woman leans over while I'm getting my clothes out of the dryer and says in her thick hick accent: "I thank he just took a picture of me" I said "What?". She repeated herself. And I said, "Oh, no, I don't think he did (yeahhh probably a lie)" and she said, "Yes huh, because he just ran over her and then ran back to his little sister over there and said hey look what I did ha ha" and I said "Ugh, okay well if he did then I will delete it".
  She leaned over again and said "Did your clothes get dry?" and I said (as I was stuffing them back into my laundry bag without folding them) "DRY ENOUGH! See ya!" I let them dry for a total of 16 minutes before I hi-tailed it out of there :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go little Jared...of course he took a picture of her...would LOVE to see that one! You are precious Elaine! AND funny as heck!

    ReplyDelete